Restaurantware Icons Scholarship Program
As a leading supplier of contemporary kitchen supplies, Restaurantware is always driving the industry standard for innovation and quality. We know that the ideas and dreams of tomorrow’s chefs are just as important as today’s icons. We are showing our support for future culinarians through the Restaurantware Icons Scholarship Program.
Restaurantware will provide two $1,000 grants each year to culinary students that have displayed the same passion and enthusiasm for innovation in the foodservice industry as Restaurantware. One grant will be provided in the first half of each calendar year, and the other one will be provided at the end of each calendar year. Eligible students need to be currently enrolled or planning to enroll full time in the fields of Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, or a similar program at an accredited culinary arts school or college.
Candidates must provide proof of enrollment or future enrollment in a culinary arts school or college with an accredited culinary arts, hospitality or similar program at the start of the next school year. This includes secondary students, high school seniors, GED students, as well as tertiary educational students.
Applicants must visit www.restaurantware.com/icons and follow instructions to submit a 250-500 word essay. Essays should address the role eco-friendly tableware will play in the foodservice industry in the coming years, as well as how to balance green initiatives with style and presentation. Essays must be submitted in .pdf or .doc form by June 30th and December 31st of each year to be eligible for the following semester’s grants. All applicants must be able to provide proof of enrollment or application in a program as listed above upon request.
Terms & Conditions
- Two winners (one in June and one in December) will each receive a one-time $1,000 grant. Applicants may apply in consecutive years, but are not eligible to win more than one grant in the lifetime of the contest.
- Only United States citizens are eligible in this contest.
- Applicants must be enrolled or plan to be enrolled in a full-time culinary arts school or college that has an accredited culinary arts or hospitality program, seeking a certificate or degree.
- Essays are to be no less than 250 words and no greater than 500. All submissions should be in .pdf or .doc format, and must be submitted by 11:59 P.M EST on June 30th and December 31st of each year. Each applicant can submit only one time per year. No alterations are allowed following submission.
- All submissions will be reviewed prior to choosing winners. Winning applications are at the sole discretion of Restaurantware LLC and will be notified within 60 days of being chosen.
- Winners, their profiles, and their pictures (if submitted), may be posted on Restaurantware’s website at the company’s sole discretion.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants Restaurantware, and/or it's representatives, permission to post the applicant's name, school or university, photo (if submitted), and essay on Restaurantware.com or in other marketing communications in the event he or she is awarded the scholarship. You also grant permission to Restaurantware to email, call, or send you information regarding your application.