A refreshing biscotti reminiscent of the tropical drink. Great with coffee or tea.
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the rum, pineapple juice and coconut extract until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter. Stir in the pistachio nuts, pineapple and coconut until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch long log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pat down until they are about 3 inches wide. There should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm but not crisp. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the biscotti bars on a cutting board, and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide diagonal slices. Return the slices to the baking sheets cut side down. Return to the oven. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the cookies over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Perfect Biscotti! This Very Nutty Pina Colada Biscotti recipe is great for breakfast or brunch, serve in black aqua plate.