It is a well-known fact that salads are a refreshing popular dish during summer months, but serving an ordinary salad at your catering events can prove to be a disaster. This is why you should turn your standard salad into a catering masterpiece by using this Squash Blossom, Avocado and Butter Lettuce Recipe. A salad of this nature will enhance any type of catering event including picnics, receptions and any kind of party.
Squash Blossom, Avocado and Butter Lettuce Salad
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 10 Tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 heads of butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 4 cups of small squash blossoms, stems removed, divided
- 6 Tablespoons of roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add lettuce, 3 1/2 cups of squash blossoms, the sunflower seeds and avocados and lightly toss with dressing until well coated. Sprinkle remaining squash blossoms on top of the salad.
This salad is very delicious and a step above the ordinary salad. It is easy to make, but the trick is figuring out how to serve it to your clients. This won’t be a problem if you just use one of these three catering products.
We have started preparing this Squash Blossom Salad at our catering events and have seen a great deal of positive results. Hopefully, you give this delicious salad a try so you can reap the rewards that we have recently.