If you’re looking for a way to impress your family and friends, then blow everyone’s mind away by serving this delicious crepe. Many people believe that crepes are just made as an addition to a breakfast meal, but this isn’t true. This fascinating tasty crepe recipe is great as a summer time dinner item. It can also be served up at many catering events like street fairs, backyard parties or elegant wedding receptions.
Summer Vegetable Crepe
The ingredients that you will need to make this inventive crepe are:
- 2/3 cup of low-fat or reduced sour cream
- 1 cup of chopped fresh chives (plus a little extra for garnish)
- 6 Tablespoons of low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups of chopped zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped green beans
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels (you can get about one cup of corn from a large ear of corn)
- 2 cups of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 8 9-inch “ready to use” crepes (you can get these in the produce or refrigerator section of your local supermarket)
The way to begin making these glorious vegetable crepes is to stir together sour cream, ½ cup of chives, milk, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt until well combined, then set this mixture aside.
The next step is to heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. At this point, add zucchini, corn and green beans into the skillet, stir until golden brown. This should take about 6-8 minutes. Now, reduce the heat to low, add the ricotta cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, the remaining chives, and the rest of the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring gently until the cheese is fully melted. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
It is time to roll up the crepes. First, place the crepe on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper, then spoon about ¼ of the vegetable-cheese mixture down the middle of the crepe. Use the paper to help you gently roll the crepe around the mixture. Now, place the crepe seam side down onto a gorgeous plate. Do this step until you have all crepes filled and placed on your plate. Top each crepe with chives that you have kept for garnishing and the sauce that you’ve kept in reserve. Finally, eat and share your delightful creation so everyone can see just how talented you are becoming in the catering industry.
Serving up these crepes on an exciting beautiful plate will also help you impress all the people you know especially if you use one of these three darling plates.
- A sweet Large Bamboo Leaf Plate
- A captivating White Aqua Plate
- An alluring Square Black Plastic Plate
We have impressed many of our clients by serving up this delicious masterpiece. The positive feedback that we’ve gotten has been amazing all due to this tasty vegetable crepe masterpiece. Hopefully, you give it a try and see how marvelous it really does taste.