This is delicious with or without bread and good served warm or cold.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Roast peppers on stove burners, or under oven broiler until skin turns evenly black. Immediately place in a plastic bag and let cool.
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting an X on the bottom of each and boil in water for 1 minute, plunge into a cold water bath and let cool.
- Cut the eggplant into small strips and saute in oil until eggplant begins to brown. About 6 to 8 minutes. Once the eggplant is soft, add garlic.
- Rinse the peppers under cold water and remove the burnt skin (just the ash). Open the peppers and remove seeds. Cut into small strips and add to eggplant. Peel cooled tomatoes, chop and add to eggplant mixture. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Very delicious recipe, easy to prepare, healthy and less cost. It’s a perfect breakfast for everyone. Serve hot with our black plastic plates.