Who says a fabulous wedding vendor can’t also be a responsible ecological steward? Here are a few things clients look for if they are interested in hiring a green wedding caterer.
1. Do the caterers recycle? – Caterers use a very high volume of glass, aluminum, paper, and cardboard products, all of which can be recycled. Find out if they actively recycle and if they purchase products (think cutlery and paper products) made out of sustainable and recycled materials such as bamboo and bio-degradable plastics.
2. Does the caterer purchase locally? – One of the best and most fulfilling ways caterers can implement effortless eco-friendly practices is to simply purchase food and culinary products from local vendors. Not only does this promote and encourage the growth of the local economy, it also lessens greenhouse gas emissions and other harmful effects the transportation of food products can have on the environment.
3. Do the caterers use fuel efficient, hybrid, or biodiesel vehicles? – Since catering companies are often required to travel frequently to various venues, ask if they utilize fuel efficient vehicles or cars and trucks that run on biodiesel. This helps reduce air pollution and lessen dependency on fossil fuels that are harmful to the environment.
4. Do the caterers offset their energy use? – Many caterers (and myriad of companies in various other industries) offset their electricity use by purchasing wind-power energy through renewable energy programs, such as Blue Sky.
5. Do the caterers use local, all-natural and organic products whenever possible? – One renowned Salt Lake City caterer has built their celebrated reputation and loyalty by cooking from scratch using all-natural ingredients which results in lesser environmental impact plus mouth-watering cuisine! This also includes using sustainable and bio-degradable tableware.
Restaurantware.com is answering the growing demand of businesses and consumers who are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and live a greener lifestyle by offering environmentally-friendly biodegradable tableware, plastic champagne flutes and plastic wine glasses for events, business meetings, wedding parties, and more. For more information or to view the complete catering supplies and plastic plates line please visit www.restaurantware.com.