Quick and very simple chowder. Eat as your main course or as a side dish.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 5 cups milk
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the potatoes and water and simmer for 20 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the creamed corn and milk, stirring until smooth. Finally, add the fish, stir well and allow to heat through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This Fish Chowder Delight recipe is a good substitute meal, very delicious and nutritious. Serve this on bamboo bowl for a simple look.