Waffles that are light and crispy right up to the last bite.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Blend into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly brush with oil. Ladle the batter onto preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
A very special recipe, Delicious Waffles will be your kids favorite. Serve them with clear plastic plates on their favorite snack time.