Golden puffed pastries are filled with a feta cheese mixture.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, blend feta cheese, green onions, and egg. Cut pastry into 12 (3 inch) squares. Place a mounded tablespoon of feta mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Lightly brush pastries with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
A very quick recipe, these can be made ahead, and popped into the oven after your guests arrive. Flavors will standout, serve on black plastic plates.