Creme Caramel, is great dessert that you can use at the end of your dinner. It can also be used as a snack. Your guests would definitely love it.bb
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Creme caramel is delicious creamy dessert. You would need to do a little bit effort for that but ingredients are very few and that effort will result in a great in taste and look dessert.
- 1 cups caster sugar
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Set aside for 2 minutes to allow bubbles to subside.
- Pour sugar mixture into six 1 cup-capacity, ovenproof dishes. Set aside to set.
- Combine cream, milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until small bubbles form at edge of pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and remaining sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add cream mixture, whisking constantly. Strain mixture into a jug.
- Divide between dishes.
- Place dishes in a large baking dish (see tip).
- Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of smaller dishes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Remove dishes from water.
- Set aside to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Run a thin knife around edge of each dish.
- Turn out onto 1cm-deep plates. Serve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe