It’s a delicious blend of tender beef and vegetables into one great Cozy Cottage Beef Stew Sweet Soup.
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large stalk celery, minced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef consomme
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, and potatoes. Pour in the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with bay leaf, pepper, thyme, and marjoram. Stir together chicken broth and flour. Pour chicken broth mixture and beef consomme into slow cooker, and stir.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 10 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe is great and easy to prepare, add a loaf of crusty bread, and you have a perfect meal for on the run. Serve always on seagreen aqua plate.