Coffee Creme Brulee is unique dessert recipe that you must try.
|Coffee creme brulee||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Coffee creme brulee is unique dessert. It looks fascinating because its tastes and look unique from other sweets and desserts.
- 300ml (2 1/2 cups) thin cream
- 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 85g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 90ml (3/4 cup) freshly brewed strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place six 185ml (3/4 cup) ovenproof ramekins in a large roasting pan.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan and heat, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through (don’t let the cream boil).
- Meanwhile: place the egg yolks and 110g (1/2 cup) sugar in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Place bowl on a damp cloth and gradually add warm cream while stirring constantly with a fork. Stir in the coffee.
- Pour the mixture through a fine strainer into a large jug, then pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Fill a large heatproof jug with hot tap water.
- Place the roasting pan on a shelf in the middle of the oven.
- Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to reach three-quarters of the way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is just set.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the roasting pan.
- Cool for 1 hour, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar evenly over the top of each brulee, making sure that all of the brulee is covered.
- Place the dishes in a heatproof dish and surround with ice cubes (this helps the brulee to stay cool while you heat the sugar).
- Cook under preheated grill for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar bubbles and caramelises.
- (If the ramekins feel a little warm, you may need to refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the brulee to chill again.
- Alternatively, use a blowtorch to over the brulee until the sugar melts and is golden.) Serve immediately.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe