A mild spice blend coats colorful skewers of fresh zucchini, summer squash and mushrooms.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternately thread zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some of the mixture over vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with herb mixture.