Best Basil Shrimp is one of the most delicious shrimp recipes for the BBQ.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon Country Mustard™)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.