Sweet Barbequed Pineapple fruit recipe.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Peel the pineapple and, leaving it whole, cut out the center core. Slice into 8 rings, and place them in a shallow glass dish or resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix together the rum, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour marinade over the pineapple, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Grill pineapple rings 15 minutes, turning once, or until outside is dry and char marked. Serve with remaining marinade.
Serve in bowl or banana boat with pineapple on either side, and a scoop of ice cream or two with juice glaze on top, serve with clear plastic plate.