Apple and pear crostata can be served as dessert with little bit garnish and cream, your family would love to enjoy it.
|Apple and pear crostata||
Recipe Type: Dessert, side
Prep time: 50 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
It is a great Crostata recipe and can be used according to requirement e.g as a Side dish in dinner or as a dessert at the end of dinner.
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 cup (80g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (50g) plain flour
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbs brandy
- 2 pink lady apple, thinly sliced crossways
- 4 corella pears, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 egg, lightly whisked, extra
- 2 tbs demerara sugar
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- Thickened cream or mascarpone, to serve
- 250g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 tbs iced water
- To make the pastry, place butter, flour and icing sugar in a food processor; process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk and water; process until mixture comes together.
- Turn onto floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Add almond meal, flour, cinnamon and brandy and stir until just combined.
- Roll the pastry out on a large piece of baking paper to a 35cm disc.
- Spread almond mixture over the pastry, leaving a 3cm border.
- Arrange apple and pear over almond mixture.
- Fold pastry edge in, pleating as you go.
- Brush pastry with a little extra egg.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over pastry, apple and pears. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apple and pear caramelise. Remove from oven.
- Cut into wedges to serve. Serve with cream or mascarpone, if desired.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe