One job of a caterer is to make people happy. Well, as a caterer I have learned that the best way to do this is to serve my clients appetizers that are pleasing and delightful. One particular appetizer that is always a hit and brings some excitement to a crowded room is Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes.
Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (for best results don’t use packaged cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons of fresh minced basil leaves
- 2 – 16 ounce packages of bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
Cut the top off of each tomato, and carefully scoop out the seeds plus the pulp. This can be easily achieved by using a melon baller or a sharp knife. Now, place each tomato beside down on a paper towel to drain.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stuff the tomatoes with the bacon mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
I enjoy serving these adorable bacon stuffed cherry tomatoes with a small amount of parsley in mini dishes because it just seems to complete the entire idea of creating happiness at my catering events. In most cases, I use one of these three grand catering tableware products to serve these delicious goodies.
- Heavenly Seagreen Mini Rotundo Plates
- Fun Mini Coquille Black Plates
- Nifty Triangolo Mini White Plates
I really hope you enjoy using this amazing recipe. It truly brings joy to any type of catering event. Our catering company has seen this with our own eyes. Have fun and enjoy.