Have you been searching for a spread that is perfect for buffet styled catering? Well, you don’t have to look anymore because this recipe is the perfect spread for this type of catering menu. Even though this spread is a grand addition to a buffet-styled catering event you can also use it for so many types of functions including baby showers, holiday celebrations and business dinners that you will be simply amazed by it.
The Perfect White Bean Spread
This recipe will serve 50 as an appetizer during a buffet-style meal.
The ingredients that you will need are:
- 6 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Large Sweet Onions, chopped coarsely
- 8 Large Garlic Cloves, Sliced
- 2 Pounds of Dried Cannellini or Great Northern Beans
- 8 Quarts of Chicken Broth
- Pinch of Dried Epazote
- 3-4 teaspoons of salt (this basically means to salt to meet your own tastes)
- Your favorite crackers or toast for serving
- Chopped Sweet Onion for Garnish
Begin by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Now, add chicken broth, beans and epazote. Bring this to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Remember to keep the pot partly covered and check the beans occasionally to make sure the beans are covered with liquid. If too much of the liquid evaporates add water thus ensuring that the beans are submerged in liquid. Simmer for 2-3 hours depending on the beans. When the beans become tender drain them in a colander saving the liquid. Once the beans are cooled puree them in batches, adding just the right amount of liquid to create the right consistency for spread.
A couple of tips when it comes to this marvelous white bean spread.
- Beans can now be kept refrigerated for 48 hours, but you will need to bring them back to room temperature before serving.
- It is best to serve this spread with crackers or toast.
- You can use leftover spread by adding chicken broth to it and make some great soup.
How To Amplify This Tasty Creation
The best way to amplify this tasty creation is to serve it up in delightful fun dishes like one of these three fascinating catering tableware products.
- An enchanting White Alato Tasting Dish
- An interesting Seagreen Canoe Dish
- An enticing Black Comma Plate
Our clients and their guests love this spread. It really does make the perfect addition to our catering events thus you really should give this one a try at your next catering function.